Rai Din Thai’s new state of the art, FDA, GMP, HACCP and HALAL certified, black rice sprouting facility near Chiang Mai
In 2017 Rai Din Thai renovated an existing building into a state-of-the- art, certified food manufacturing facility.
The facility was commissioned in early 2019, and staff training began on how to programme the high-tech, computer controlled rotary sprouters, which monitor moisture, temperature, air flow, humidity, rotation speed, etc.
Water is filtered as per USA FDA regulations, before being sprayed under computer controlled conditions into the sprouters.
Our first export order of 4 tonnes to the USA, was shipped in March 2019.
Rai Din Thai uses a tri-filtration system, as only the purest water can be used in the sprouting process.
It surpasses both the Thai FDA and US FDA water standards for drinking and food processing.
- Manganese filter for iron removal, and also any heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, etc
- Activated carbon filter to eliminate sediment, odor, chlorine, fluoride, etc
- Resin filter to remove limestone hardness
- Sediment filter
- Final stage is purification by Reverse Osmosis or RO, down to 1 nano meter about the size of a single atom
Reverse osmosis or RO, 3 stage water filter ensures that only the purest water is used in the sprouting process
TPC or Total Plate Count is the measurement of bacteria, molds, yeasts, and fungi contamination, that are grown at room temperature in an independent lab on a product sample, to determine the level of microbes and whether the food is safe to eat. Our product spec requires testing for the following, with the latest lab results:
- Salmonella spp: not detected
- Staphylococcus aureus: not detected
- Bacillus cereus: < 100 CFU/g (CFU = Colony-forming unit)
- Escherichia coli: < 3 MPN/g (MPN = Most probable number)
- Total Plate Count (TPC) < 1 x 105 CFU/g